Know ye of such a beast ?

Mark Smith mark at bbprojects.net
Wed Nov 22 16:34:58 EST 2006

On 22 Nov 2006, at 22:02, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 22. Nov 2006, at 21:48, Waylan Limberg wrote:

>> Considering those requirements, I would strongly recommend

>> PMWiki.org.

>> I know a markdown extension exists for it, although last I knew it

>> was

>> incomplete, but that was some time ago.

> I am using PMWiki with version 1.1 of the Markdown extension, and

> it’s not ideal.

> It doesn’t do block quotes, it doesn’t do <urls>, and there is

> probably also a few more things it is missing. Plus I have to embed

> the markdown in (:markdown:) … (:markdownend:), but you can set it so

> that the extension runs on all pages, then you don’t need that, but

> you lose WikiWord links.

> There is a 1.2, but I tried installing it, and it did not work for

> me. The change log though did not appear to have done much about the

> above -- it is based on the PHP Markdown, so I am not sure why it

> does not support the full markdown syntax.

Thanks to Wayne and Allan.

I already had a play with PMWiki. It would do at a push, but I was
not impressed and I haven't even tried the Markdown extension yet and
after reading Allan's comments, I'm not sure I want to. OTOH, it did
pass the "easy install on Windows" test. I gave our Win SysAdmin the
url and he got it up and working w/o much trouble !

Any other ideas ?

mark.