Block quotes with a blank line between them get merged

A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Wed Oct 18 10:30:20 EDT 2006

* Waylan Limberg <waylan at gmail.com> [2006-10-18 16:20]:

> I considered suggesting some "force-end-of-block" marker, but

> that just doesn't seem right.

Maybe an considered-unindented less-than character?

<

> Vivamus erat. Mauris lacus. Nam sollicitudin, sapien vitae
> hendrerit interdum, purus augue vehicula magna, id bibendum
> nibh dui vel enim.

Or:

The following two code samples function identically:

$foo = $bar = $baz;

<

$bar = $baz; $foo = $bar;

Not exactly *pretty*… but doesn’t overly offend my sense
aesthetic either and also seems to me to reads reasonably
intuitively when looking at the Markdown source.

Or maybe have it look like a horizontal rule:

The following two code samples function identically:

$foo = $bar = $baz;

<<<<

$bar = $baz; $foo = $bar;

Regards,