Tightening the rules for literal `[` and `]` chars in link ids

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Mon Sep 25 17:21:55 EDT 2006

Le 25 sept. 2006 à 15:09, John Gruber a écrit :

> I should also note that this entire problem has never been

> reported to me by anyone, so it doesn't seem to be something

> people are stumbling upon frequently.

That's why I think it'd be better to solve this while still allowing
nested brackets.

The other reason for supporting nested brackets is that they are
already supported for the content of the link, which is often the
same as the definition name. How unnatural would this be if you had to :

In [his [distorted] view][], this isn't something to worry about.

[his \[own\] view]: http://something.com/

Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://www.michelf.com/