[ANN] Showdown -- A javascript port of Markdown

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 12:54:19 EST 2007

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 04:31:45 -0500, Ivan Sagalaev
<Maniac at SoftwareManiacs.Org> wrote:

> Jacob Rus wrote:

>> If this markdown parsing can be done in real time in javascript, we

>> should also be able to extend this to do real-time syntax highlighting

>> on the markdown entry box, or am I wrong? Because that would be

>> extremely cool!

> Indeed! I've made a very quick mash-up of Showdown with my highlight.js

> and here's the result: http://softwaremaniacs.org/showdown-highlight/

> (down to the end of a text fragment).

Ivan, That is a great addition to this very handy tool. It's always good
for a comment preview (etc) to show exactly what it will like like upon
submission. However, I did notice that when the preview is switched to
'HTML Output' or 'Syntax Guide', upon returning to 'Preview' the
highlighting is lost. Just a FYI.

--
Waylan Limberg
waylan at gmail.com