putting markdown into the browsers

Jon Noring jon at noring.name
Wed Feb 28 13:35:36 EST 2007

Bowerbird asked:

> ok, how do we get markdown put into the browsers?,

> so people can start serving documents in plain-text,

> spared from the drudgery of converting to .html first.

I would assume this is doable in the short-term using a plug-in to
convert the markdown document into HTML. Such a plug-in needs to
include some facility to apply style sheets or some front end to ask
the end-user what styling they want. (Or else just pick some styling
and hard-wire it into the output, not recommended.)

Jon Noring