Revisiting mime-types and file extensions

Phil Mocek pmocek-list-markdown-discuss at mocek.org
Thu Jun 21 12:35:34 EDT 2007

On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 02:45:08PM +0100, Thomas Nichols wrote:

> Ok -- so your primary profile would be

> http://maruku.org/syntax/

> and the current spec would have a profile of

> http://maruku.org/syntax/#0.5

> is that correct?

> This would allow us to chop the fragment identifier --

> '#major.minor' -- from the end of a profile, and match it

> against

> /\#(|v|ver)\d+\.\d+$/

> or similar.

[snip]

> If we ever got energetic enough to implement all of this, we

> could then create documents and mark them with mime-type of

> text/x-markdown;profile=http://maruku.org/syntax/#0.5

Can anyone confirm that having the HTML fragment identifier
formatted as Thomas proposes is valid? Both this [W3C design
issue paper][1] and [Wikipedia article][2] suggest otherwise, but
I'm not sufficiently familiar with this to say for certain.

[1]: <http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Fragment.html>
[2]: <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fragment_identifier>

--
Phil Mocek