Make --html4tags the default?

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Wed May 2 17:35:57 EDT 2007

Am Mittwoch, 02. Mai 2007 schrieb Allan Odgaard:

> Seeing how no-one should send application/xhtml+xml to the browser

> [1], and development of the HTML standard is again happening [2], it

> would make sense to have Markdown.pl default to HTML tags.

> Maybe too late to change a default though.

> How does PHP Markdown and other implementations deal with this issue?

> [1]: http://www.hixie.ch/advocacy/xhtml

> [2]: http://www.w3.org/2007/03/html-pressrelease

Which markdown output is xhtml but not html 4? I'm not aware of any.
As far as I know xhtml is in the general part (which is touched by markdown
that is) pretty much the same as html4 but with some stricter rules.

So any xhtml markdown output should be valid html 4!
--
Milian Wolff
http://milianw.de