Searchable archives of Markdown discussion list still available?

Fletcher T. Penney fletcher at alumni.duke.edu
Mon May 14 12:57:33 EDT 2007

On May 14, 2007, at 11:55 AM, Jacob Rus wrote:

> Fletcher T. Penney wrote:

>> I was interested in going back to research past discussions on the

>> list about possibilities for a syntax to add a class="foo" to

>> div's and/or span's to Markdown text, but didn't have much luck.

>> IIRC, the list never had a searchable web interface, but older

>> posts were available on a Google search. This seems not to be the

>> case any more. Can anyone recommend a good way to search the

>> archives of this list?

> You should be able to do a google search going all the way back.

> None of the emails have gone away--they go back to [December 2003]

> [dec03].

> [dec03]: http://six.pairlist.net/pipermail/markdown-discuss/2003-

> December/

I don't get any matches on google, even on searches where google used
to give me results (some of my postings, for example.)

Also, the direct link you used does work, but the archives page only
shows results going back to April 2006. Does google spider these
other archives pages that are not linked to directly (at least not
that I could find.)??

F-

--
Fletcher T. Penney
fletcher at alumni.duke.edu

This `telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as
a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us.
- Western Union internal memo, 1876.