ANN: python-markdown2 -- another Python implementation of Markdown

Trent Mick trentm at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 17:21:01 EST 2007

> Hi Trent. Is it possible to run this from the BBEdit Unix Filters

> menu? I've just dropped it into the right folder, but running it on a

> text selection gives this:

> Syntax error line 88. Invalid syntax:

> for ch in '\\`*_{}[]()>#+-.!')

I believe this is a case of markdown2.py not working with older
versions of Python. Do you know what version of Python BBEdit is using
here? (I don't use BBEdit so I'm not sure if it is using the system
Python or its own private build of Python.

I've started an issue for this:
http://code.google.com/p/python-markdown2/issues/detail?id=4

If you could add your Python version as a comment on that issue, that
would be great. Following up via email if fine too, tho.

Cheers,
Trent

--
Trent Mick