Pre and code

Alvaro Martin bionenews at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 17:59:07 EDT 2007

for tabbed blocks of text. My question is why <pre><code> and not
formatting, because the code tag overrides pre; it writes everything
in a single line (no line breaks, no tabs...), and the format is not
conserved.

On the other hand, if I change the order to <code><pre> everything is
outlined as expected. I don't know if the problem is mine or
markdown's. Does anybody have this problem? How can I fix this?

Thanks

Alvaro