An Extra for Python (was: Re: seemingly no good way to end bulleted list and start code block)

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 23:08:13 EDT 2007

On 10/6/07, Lou Quillio <public at quillio.com> wrote:
[snip]

> Wish there were an 'Extra' for Python.

There is. Sort of. Python-Markdown has an extension interface [1].
There's a number already available and its fairly easy to write your
own. I've slowly been adding many of php extra's features [2].
Unfortunately, some things are still hard, but were working to fix
that.

I've recently been asked to join the project and am currently knocking
out known bugs. Once those are out of the way, I'll focus on making
extending the 'core' functions easier. If you'd like to help, or have
any feature requests, please bring them up on the project-list [3]
and/or tracker [4]. I follow this list too, so here's fine as well.

[1]: http://www.freewisdom.org/projects/python-markdown/Extensions
[2]: http://achinghead.com/projects/
[3]: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=python-markdown-discuss
[4]: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=153041

PS: We had intended on making an official announcement, but wanted to
clean some things up first. But when opportunity knocks... Well, let's
just say I felt compelled to respond.

--
----
Waylan Limberg