Feature Request External label resolution

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 16:35:39 EDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 1:25 PM, Sherwood Botsford <sgbotsford at gmail.com> wrote:

> Umm. Pointers to Markdown implementations with support for extensions?

[Python-Markdown][1] has an [extension api][2]. Interestingly my
[Abbreviation Extension][3] for Python-Markdown does something similar
for abbreviations. Given an external file, it pulls all abbr defs and
uses them in processing the source file. It wouldn't be hard at all to
adapt it for link defs. What I really like about it is that the
external file can be any text document (markdown or otherwise) and the
limited parser will only extract the abbr defs (one per line) from it.

[1]: http://www.freewisdom.org/projects/python-markdown/
[2]: http://www.freewisdom.org/projects/python-markdown/Writing_Extensions
[3]: http://achinghead.com/markdown/abbr/

--