update to markdown wikis?

Allan Odgaard 29mtuz102 at sneakemail.com
Sun Feb 10 20:58:59 EST 2008

On 11 Feb 2008, at 02:41, John Gabriele wrote:

> [...]

> PmWiki is php-based and is pretty full-featured. By default it uses

> regular files instead of mysql (last time I looked). There's an

> extension for it to use Markdown[^1], but I haven't tried it.

There are actually two -- I tried both, and they both suck :(

Suck as in, they only handle a subset of the Markdown format (and/or
parsing is just buggy) and you either have to put tags around your
markdown or enable it globally and have all the default header/footer
and content list markup break (solved by then wrapping that in special
tags).

Also, you’ll lose any support for creating links, and will instead
have to do “real” links to other pages in the wiki.