Flat code block syntax

John Gabriele jmg3000 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 10:49:09 EST 2008

On Feb 16, 2008 4:07 AM, Pedro Melo <melo at simplicidade.org> wrote:

> On Feb 16, 2008, at 7:23 AM, Trent Mick wrote:

> > This is also the approach of the Google Code wiki syntax. As well, the

> > language for language-specific syntax highlighting can be specified

> > via:

> > {{{{Python}

> > print "hello world"

> > }}}

Maybe I'm misunderstanding: does the Google Code wiki currently
support this style: {{{{Python} ... }}}? I don't see that specifically
mentioned at http://code.google.com/p/support/wiki/WikiSyntax .

> [snip]

> Language is specified with a #!python as the first line.

> I like {{{LANG} better though.

Well, not many snippets come with a shebang line though.

{{{{Python} }}} works nicely because the braces are balanced. To
reduce the monotony, maybe use something else around the language
name? :

{{{=Python=
code
goes