Markdown RFC?

Petite Abeille petite.abeille at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 19:56:19 EST 2008

On Feb 20, 2008, at 1:42 AM, Yuri Takhteyev wrote:

> As in "I could care less," which is explained very well by Steven

> Pinker in "The Language Instinct". See

> http://ling.kgw.tu-berlin.de/lexicography/data/MAVENS.html and search

> for "could care less."

Thanks Yuri for the text explanation :)

I did sense that such turn of phrase was not totally positive :P

In any case... the Markdown syntax would benefits from a bit of, hmmm,
formalism as right now no implementation can really account for theirs
bugs as there is, well, no specification to refer to... a catch-22 of
some sort...

"...If your spec isn’t good enough, morons have no chance of ever
getting things right. For everyone who complains that their software
is broken, there will be two assholes who claim that it’s not. The
spec, whose primary purpose is to arbitrate disputes between morons
and assholes, will fail to resolve anything, and the arguments will
smolder for years...."

-- Mark Pilgrim, "Why specs matter", August 16, 2004
http://diveintomark.org/archives/2004/08/16/specs

--
PA.
http://alt.textdrive.com/nanoki/