Problem with UL followed by OL

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Wed Jan 23 20:06:21 EST 2008

On 23 Jan 2008, at 21:14, Kazutaka Matsuda wrote:

> I got a problem with UL followed by by OL

> when I using perl module "Text-Markdown-1.0.5".

> I wrote the following markdown code.

> - a

> - b

> 1. 1

> 2. 2

> I expected that Text-Markdown would produce the following HTML.

> <ul>

> <li>a</li>

> <li>b</li>

> </ul>

> <ol>

> <li>1</li>

> <li>2</li>

> </ol>

> However, "Text-Markdown-1.0.5" generated the following HTML.

> <ul>

> <li>a</li>

> <li>2</li>

> </ul>

> At least for me, this is not intuitive.

yes, it's a bug :)

> I attached a patch for "Markdown.pm" in "Text-Markdown-1.0.5".

> And, I also attached a simple test for the above.

Awesome!

> I checked that patched "Text-Markdown" returns the same result as I

> expected.

Yep, it appears to work in simple cases, but unfortunately when I
patch it to Text::MultiMarkdown (which has a reasonably comprehensive
test suite) then it makes it crap itself:

t/20fulldocs-multimarkdown..................6/33
# Failed test 'Docs test: Lists'
# at t/20fulldocs-multimarkdown.t line 25.
t/20fulldocs-multimarkdown..................23/33 perl(4289) malloc:
*** Deallocation of a pointer not malloced: 0x118af10; This could be
a double free(), or free() called with the middle of an allocated
block; Try setting environment variable MallocHelp to see tools to
help debug
perl(4289) malloc: *** Deallocation of a pointer not malloced:
0x18dd400; This could be a double free(), or free() called with the
middle of an allocated block; Try setting environment variable
MallocHelp to see tools to help debug
perl(4289) malloc: *** Deallocation of a pointer not malloced:
0x1189cd0; This could be a double free(), or free() called with the
middle of an allocated block; Try setting environment variable
MallocHelp to see tools to help debug

Which is real helpful. Thank you perl...

So I'm going to see what I can work out / which part is causing that
(I assume the backref in the regex)....

I'll get back to you as soon as I've got it sorted / when I have news :)

Please feel free to poke me off list about this!

Cheers
Tom