spaces and newlines before list markers (was: evolving the spec)

Yuri Takhteyev qaramazov at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 20:15:23 EST 2008

> This is actually my second biggest complaint with Markdown. As I

> understand, John was originally going to allow numbered lists to

> start at numbers other than 1, but then discovered that the HTML4

> WG labelled the `start` attribute of lists deprecated, so he

> removed this feature.

Not sure what you mean. Markdown _does_ allow lists to start with any
number, at least that's what "Markdown Syntax says very unambiguously.
Or do you mean to say that John originally was thinking of setting
the "start" attribute based on the value of the first item and then
decided not to? What about setting "value" on each "li" instead?

- yuri

--
http://sputnik.freewisdom.org/