forking Markdown.pl?

John Gruber gruber at fedora.net
Tue Mar 18 01:22:48 EDT 2008

On Mar 16, 2008, at 3:07 PM, Jacob Rus wrote:

> It’s harsh but reasonable language in my opinion. If you are going

> to make something which is not Markdown (i.e. has other bits of

> syntax not specified in John's description of that language), then

> you should call it by a name other than “Markdown”.

That's my point exactly.

And for those of you who think Markdown is "stagnating", I have web
server logs that show otherwise. Do I wish that I'd made more time by
this point to do an official 1.5 or 2.0 release? Yes. But the current
version, as-is, is *gaining* popularity.

Something called "Markdown" on CPAN, which has *my* name on it
(because the original Text::Markdown was based on my work, and was in
fact "Markdown", makes things worse.

-J.G.