Text::Markdown vs MDTest (Was: Re: forking Markdown.pl?)

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Fri Mar 21 17:47:24 EDT 2008

On 21 Mar 2008, at 20:39, Tomas Doran wrote:

> On 29 Feb 2008, at 05:17, Michel Fortin wrote:

>> Le 2008-02-28 à 18:04, Yuri Takhteyev a écrit :

>>> Perhaps there is a need for a better _perl_ implementation (or a

>>> few,

>>> competition is fun), but as far as "official" goes, we need a

>>> comprehensive and up-to-date spec and a test suite against which all

>>> implementations could be measured.

>> I'm maintaining MDTest for that. If anyone wants a new test case

>> to be added to MDTest, I'll gladly accept it. If anyone wants to

>> dispute one of MDTest's expected result, I'm open to discussion,

>> preferably on this list so that everybody can take part.

> As promised, here are the results of MDTest 1.1's Markdown tests

> against Text::Markdown's trunk code (what is going to be 1.0.18,

> should be exactly the same for the to be released 1.0.17):

<snip>

> So, the *only* things that Text::Markdown currently fails on are

> small whitespace changes..

I'm going mental tonight obviously (or rather, I had too large a
glass of wine with dinner). These test results are exactly what I'd
expect as Text::Markdown is know to pass the full Markdown test suite
already..

Looking at the PHP Markdown test suite (also in MDTest), there are a
number of bugs that I've still got which Michel has fixed with PHP
Markdown, I'll report back about these later when I've had a bit more
chance to look at them.

Cheers
Tom