[ANN] Babelmark

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Sun Mar 23 08:06:30 EDT 2008

On 22 Mar 2008, at 21:47, Aristotle Pagaltzis wrote:

> * Michel Fortin <michel.fortin at michelf.com> [2008-03-22 22:30]:

>> The more implementations can pass each other's testsuite the

>> better interoperability we'll have achieved.

> (Assuming, of course, that the test suite covers enough edge and

> corner cases.)

I'd say that that is directly proportional to the utility of the test
suite ;-)

I've got [Devel::Cover] to measure coverage, and it (on [my trunk],
which is close to 1.0.17) says that my coverage is almost perfect:

File stmt bran cond sub time
total
---------------------------- ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------
blib/lib/Text/Markdown.pm 99.8 94.2 72.0 100.0 100.0
87.0 96.9

Which is *just wrong* - as I know there are piles of corner cases
that my tests don't adequately cover. :(

Probably a lesson to point out that automated coverage analysis isn't
too useful in some cases...

[Devel::Cover]: http://search.cpan.org/~pjcj/Devel-Cover-0.63/lib/
Devel/Cover.pm
[my trunk]: http://svn.kulp.ch/cpan/text_multimarkdown/trunk/