Text::Markdown vs MDTest (Was: Re: forking Markdown.pl?)

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Sun Mar 23 08:21:42 EDT 2008

On 22 Mar 2008, at 18:04, Michel Fortin wrote:

>> 2) Write a wrapper for mdtest.php to convert it's output into TAP

>> format so that it can/will be run as part of my test suite if php5

>> is available. (Or, I can write php - would you take a patch to

>> output TAP format as an option so that I don't have to re-parse

>> your output?)

> I'd gladly accept a patch.

Awesome, will do.

> ...but I'm not sure I get what your plan is: do you intend to do

> both 1 *and* 2?

Yes. :)

More testing is always better, and if there are corner cases where my
whitespace normaliser doesn't agree with yours (and one fails a test
but the other doesn't) - then we should give the smoke tests
opportunity to find them...

>> 3) Compare all of my tests to see which I'd like to add to MDTest.

> Or perhaps I could just add all of your tests as a separate testsuite.

That sounds reasonable, and was pretty much what I was thinking of. I
may / will probably need two test suites, one for Text::Markdown, and
one for Text::MultiMarkdown.

Cheers
Tom