[ANN] Babelmark

Yuri Takhteyev qaramazov at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 15:42:59 EDT 2008

> Unfortunatly, my web host doesn't do Ruby, nor Java, C# or Lua, so the

> online version is missing a couple of interesting implementations.

If your host allows you to ssh and has make, then building Lua is very simple:

mkdir ~/lua # or some other directory
wget http://sputnik.freewisdom.org/files/easy-lua-install-2007-01-18
bash easy-lua-install-2007-01-18 --without-readline --prefix=/home/yuri/lua/
cd share/lua/5.1/
wget www.frykholm.se/files/markdown.lua
~/lua/bin/lua

This will get you the interactive prompt:

Lua 5.1.2 Copyright (C) 1994-2007 Lua.org, PUC-Rio

> require"markdown"

> =markdown("oh _hai_")

> Locally on my computer Babelmark also do BlueCloth, Maruku, MarkdownJ,

> markdown.lua, and Pandoc. I'm very sorry if your Markdown

> implementation can't be part of Babelmark online, but if anyone has a

> better host to offer for Babelmark, ideally with support for all of

> these, I'd gladly send him the scripts.

I can try and see how far I get on webfaction. Can you send me the scripts?

- yuri

--
http://sputnik.freewisdom.org/