[ANN] Babelmark

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Mon Mar 24 09:24:27 EDT 2008

On 24 Mar 2008, at 03:11, Michel Fortin wrote:

> Le 2008-03-22 à 17:27, Michel Fortin a écrit :

>>> 2-tier list indented by three spaces:

>>> http://michelf.com/projects/babelmark/?markdown=*+what%27s+up%3F%

>>> 0D%0A+++*+ok

>>> Now, on this one, I must say I have mixed feelings, since

>>> python-markdown is the only implementation that follows "Markdown

>>> Syntax" and treats the item indented by three spaces as being at

>>> the

>>> same level. Makes me feel like a naive fool for following the

>>> "spec".

>>> :)

>> Well, you've been following the official spec; no one should call

>> you a fool for that. But it certainly doesn't give much leverage

>> to the idea of keeping the spec as it is.

> It should be mentioned that, in addition to Python Markdown, both

> markdown.lua and Pandoc seem to follow the spec regarding list

> indentation.

I've transplanted Babelmark, and got all the implementations running
online.

I've also added support for Discount (David Parson's C markdown
implementation announced recently).

http://babelmark.bobtfish.net/?markdown=*+what%27s+up%3F%0D%0A+++*
+ok&normalize=on

Cheers