Markdown Extra Specification (First Draft)

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Mon May 5 22:33:09 EDT 2008

It took much more time than I expected, and it is currently less
complete than I have hoped, but I've finaly made a first draft of the
Markdown Extra spec. You can find it at <http://michelf.com/specs/markdown-extra/

Currently, the specification defines its goals and a document model
for Markdown Extra. It lacks the most important part though: the
parsing section, which I'm going to write next. As I update the
document locally on my computer, I'll update the public specification
page to always reflect the latest version.

I'm working on this on my free time, alongside a full-time job, a few
other projects, and other duties. I'm hoping to have a draft of the
parsing section covering all parts of the syntax by July, and to have
completed the whole specification by 2009. I'm not sure of how
realistic this timetable is, but we'll see.

To take part in this work, simply leave your comments, suggestions,
and potential issues on this list, or send them to me by private email
if you don't want your comment to be public for some reason.

Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://michelf.com/