Extra markdown suggestions

Yuri Takhteyev qaramazov at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 20:57:25 EST 2008

> Another topic is about how to go about changing Michel Fortin's PHP code to

> implement these changes. Is this the right forum to discuss such code

> changes?

In Python Markdown we've put a lot of effort precisely into making
such changes as painless as possible. For example, adding support for
/emphasis/ just requires one line in _your_ code:

import markdown
md = markdown.Markdown()
md.inlinePatterns["slash_emphasis"] = \
markdown.inlinepatterns.SimpleTagPattern(r'(\/)([^\/]*)\2', 'em')
print md.convert("this /should/ work")

(This is for the version currently in git. The last released version
makes it a little more complicated, though not that much more.)

- yuri

--
http://sputnik.freewisdom.org/