No Markdown in <div>s or <table>s ?

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 15:36:14 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 3:15 PM, Dan Dascalescu
<ddascalescu+markdown at gmail.com> wrote:

> What surprises me is the rationale of disabling Markdown processing in

Go re-read the first three paragraphs of the docs on inline html [1].
Processing markdown within divs just doesn't fit in with the purpose
of markdown as stated there (i.e.: writing format v. publishing
format). The fact is, a div, although meaningless in itself, is for
publishing purposes. Therefore, if you really want it, markdown allows
it - but your on you own. In other words, you have to write all the
html inside it as well. Makes sense to me.

[1]: http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax#html

--
----