md2html.awk and a question

yy yiyu.jgl at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 14:05:05 EDT 2009

Hello,

I have just subscribed to this list. I will introduce myself: For some
time, I have kept a markdown implementation in awk for personal use,
different from other implementations. Now, I'm in the process of
rewriting it and I'm trying to do it as compatible as possible.

There are many questions I have, I know some test suites and am trying
to pass those tests. When I don't know how to handle a corner case I
use to check with Dingus. I would really appreciate if somebody could
explain me the output of this text:

this paragraph is outside of list blocks

* #this is not a h1
* ##this is not a h2
* ###and this is not a h3
* but the next one is

#an h1!
inside a list item, ok, but...

* ###wtf is this?

bad, bad, bad...

- btw, this an h1, not a list item
===================

- but indenting...
============

that's better

I would also like to know what is the best source for markdown syntax,
any suggestion is welcomed. For example, I see some talk about tables
(older versions of md2html.awk supported tables, and I hope to add
them again). I'm slowly digging in the archives, but a reference would
save me some time. Thanks in advance.

If you are interested, you can have a look at the development process
of md2html.awk and download the last version at
http://www.anarchyinthetubes.com/src/md2html.awk/

--
- yiyus || JGL . 4l77.com