homemade fn marker weirdness...

Yuri Takhteyev qaramazov at gmail.com
Thu May 7 17:40:32 EDT 2009

Use python markdown 1.7, which doesn't do this. :)

However, this is arguably the "correct" behavior and we've in fact
_fixed_ this in the newer version of the python implementation, so
that it now behaves like all other implementations.

HTML tags are essentially getting ignored (as they should), so what
you really have is:

blah * blah blah blah blah blah *certification* of blah blah.

so, the first * becomes <em> and the third one becomes </em>. Why it's
the third and not the second, though I don't know. The new python
markdown converts the second * into the closing em.

- yuri

--
http://spu.tnik.org/