tables with Unicode box drawing characters?

Sidney San Martín s at sidneysm.com
Thu Sep 10 12:31:59 EDT 2009

I believe that Suraj is proposing that Markdown implement David
Wheeler's proposed table formatting and provide the option to process
them into tables made up of box characters.

I agree, though, that this is best left for HTML — especially since
character-based tables only render correctly with monospaced fonts.