my scala markdown implementation

Mathias mathias at parboiled.org
Thu Dec 16 17:04:59 EST 2010

Christoph,

there is another markdown implementation (besides knock-off) you can directly use from Scala (although it is currently implemented in Java):
https://github.com/sirthias/pegdown/

pegdown comes with quite a large number of test-cases assembled from various sources.
You might want to take a look and reuse what you seem fit: https://github.com/sirthias/pegdown/tree/master/test-cases

I would be interested in the performance of your Scala implementation (which I assume is based on the parser combinators).
Ryan Tomayko did some very basic benchmarking almost three years ago:
http://tomayko.com/writings/ruby-markdown-libraries-real-cheap-for-you-two-for-price-of-one
which is the only one markdown benchmarking information I could find when I looked around a while ago.

Currently pegdown clocks in somewhere between RDiscount and Maruku in terms of performance.
Could you give your implementation a spin?

Cheers,
Mathias

---
mathias at parboiled.org