markdown do not support Strikethrough ?

David Chambers david.chambers.05 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 07:46:09 EDT 2010

<s> and <strike> have been deprecated since HTML 4.01. What HTML would you
expect Markdown to generate? Something like…

or…

But the above should really make use of <ins> as well…

This is well and truly beyond the scope of Markdown. Don't forget that HTML
is a subset of Markdown, so any time you want to do something without
corresponding Markdown syntax you can simply use HTML. So, you could have
something like this…

* first list item
* second list item

which'd convert to…