Video syntax

Allan Odgaard 1EDF4D33-D1B1-4C97-A393-3D2B4EE5E095+Markdown at uuid-mail.com
Thu Sep 16 05:10:53 EDT 2010

On 16 Sep 2010, at 03:32, Waylan Limberg wrote:

> […] Just parse the urls for "youtube.com" (or "vimeo" etc) and when

> found, convert to an appropriate object. It's easy, simple and

> introduces no new syntax of any kind.

There is a difference between a link and an embedded object.

Presently we have `[…](…)` for links and `![…](…)` for embedded
objects (limited to images).

I therefor not only think it would be more appropriate to use the `![…]
(…)` syntax for embedding video/audio, but by using the `[…](…)`
syntax with auto-detection, you make it impossible for users to link
to the resource (rather than embed it).