CodeDown = Markdown as the universal language for program documentation

bucephalus org bucephalus.org at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 08:01:25 EDT 2011

Hi Tommy!

> I just must say that I have tried Fletcher Penneys version of multi

> markdown recently.

The 3.x version seems to me to be very suitable for the task of converting

> to LaTeX,

> which is slightly more complicated than converting to HTML.

Wow! I didn't know MultiMarkdown, but that is a great hint. Looks very
promising and capable. Thank you!

The Markdown entry on Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markdown
doesn't point to
http://fletcherpenney.net/multimarkdown/
yet. But it probably should.

> I have tried pandoc, but I find it far more easier to work with

> multimarkdown.

> You should consider trying it.

I use Pandoc for my HaskellDown, because it is a Haskell library. It also
is very powerful and impressive, and in my limited experience, I found it
very stable and more reliable than e.g. PHP Markdown. Actually, I don't
apply any of its nice features (like automatic toc generation) at all in the
default markdownToHaskell converter, I just use all the Pandoc default
settings, for the sake of simplicity. But I agree, Tommy, I, too, didn't
find Pandoc itself easily accessible.

Thank you, again.
Thomas