Consecutive code blocks

Dr. Drang drdrang at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 10:30:32 EDT 2011

The short answer, in my experience, is no. When I've wanted to do
something like that on my blog, I've rewritten it so I can put a
little noncode (e.g., "Therefore," "And," "Later in the file") between
the two code snippets.

I suspect that a blank, unindented line between blocks doesn't create
two code sections because it's impossible to visually distinguish
between a between a blank line in the code and a blank line separating
two bits of code. The only place where Markdown does something similar
is with two (or more) spaces at the end of a line generate, a
construct that can generate inadvertent <br /> tags.

Dr. Drang