Universal syntax for Markdown

Sam Angove peasant at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 02:26:11 EDT 2011

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 4:56 AM, Florian Sperlich
<flo.sperlich at googlemail.com> wrote:

> And this universal syntax should have the additions of MultiMarkdown:

> footnotes, tables, definition lists, citation, metadata (author,

> title, date), and so on... Because I think many people would like to

> have these additional functions in Markdown. And who doesn't need

> these additional functions, simply doesn't use them.

Not to be a party pooper, but I really think it would be a good idea
to try and fix the ambiguities and problems in the core syntax (and
implementations thereof) before trying to find common ground between
the legions of hideously ugly and frequently incompatible extensions.

To get things started, here's a test case that most of the
implementations on babelmark fail:

http://babelmark.bobtfish.net/?markdown=*+*+&normalize=on&src=1&dest=2