here's the thing that tips the scale

David Chambers david.chambers.05 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 13:43:25 EST 2011

Sherwood Botsford <sgbotsford at gmail.com> wrote:

2. Build a web page. On that web page:

> a. There is a page with the full syntax of BMD done in the tutorial style

> of John Gruber's page. Syntax differences from MMD are highlighted in

> skyblue pink.

> b. There is a page showing the desired output coded as standard MMD and

> as BMD so that people have a large size sample to work with and look at.

Excellent suggestions, Sherwood, particularly the points above.

bowerbird, you should make this happen. It'd be great to see a comparison
of Markdown and zml; I'd also like to read the source code for your
converter. I find the notion you espouse — that simple grammar rules make a
language easier for users to understand and also easier to implement — very
appealing.

David