What does Markdown do with HTML comments? Recommendation on Markdown file extension?

David Chambers david.chambers.05 at gmail.com
Mon May 9 12:05:35 EDT 2011

What you're saying is that Markdown is more of a Perl than a Python. :)

There are other options which provide one and only one way to do a
particular thing, but in my opinion none is as elegant as Markdown.
Rather than view Markdown's flexibility as a design flaw, I'm learning
to embrace it. As with programming, my style changes with time. I like
the fact that this can occur.

Incidentally, Gruber wrote the first Markdown conversion script in
Perl. It's interesting to wonder whether Markdown's syntax would be
stricter if he'd used Python instead.

David