Proposed table specification (long!)

Simon Bull waysoftheearth at yahoo.com.au
Wed May 11 03:09:04 EDT 2011

Hello Thomas,

Yes, I have assumed mono-spaced (or equivalent) rendering throughout.

Comparing examples 1.1 and example 2.3.b, yes you are correct. I need to
update the description given for 1.1 (the so called "compact form"). The
compact form (without blank lines or rules between rows) will always result
in a single table row with multiple lines per row.

However, it would be possible to also specify a "single line per row"
interpretation if that is a desired feature.

Your comment re: "line breaks" versus "blank lines" is also taken on board.

Thanks for your valuable comments,

Simon