Proposed table specification (long!)

Simon Bull waysoftheearth at yahoo.com.au
Sun May 15 01:43:53 EDT 2011

Hi David,

Yes, as the published form of a markdown document, the HTML representation
of the document would presumably have a wide readership.

However, what if you want to include a markdown document, or even just a
fragment of markdown, in an email? It might be forwarded to many readers
without ever being published as HTML. What if you want to write markdown
for the purpose of a discussion group like this one? It might be read by
hundreds of readers without ever being published as HTML.

Additionally, if you would like to see markdown as a supported input format
for tools such as wikis, forums, blogs, issue management systems, and so on
(in fact, any tool where the source document itself can be retrieved,
reviewed, and updated/edited inline) then your source document will possibly
be read and reread by many users over the life time of the document.

Perhaps these scenarios are worth considering too?

Simon