An Observation

Lou Quillio public at quillio.com
Tue May 17 19:28:11 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 5:18 PM, Rob Reed <robreed at gmail.com> wrote:

> Personally, I'd like to see someone fork it, label the new project

> 'markdown-like', and get on with it.

In practical terms, isn't this what the superset implementations do?
It's not forking per se, but they do "get on with it." kramdown does
everything I need, and I use python-markdown Extra in production [1]
with no more than a few one-off preprocessing tweaks in my stack.
I've probably worn the tread off ten copies of PME over the years. ;)

Who needs markdown.pl when there are next-gen tools to scratch any
itch and that ship with batteries included? Either I'll never
understand the grousing, or folks don't get that any Markdown
transformer is *part* of one's toolchain. Maybe a big part, depending
on what you're doing, but god invented sed for a reason.

LQ

[1]: http://www.webmproject.org/

--
Lou Quillio