Proposed table specification (long!)

Thomas Leitner t_leitner at gmx.at
Fri May 20 04:30:53 EDT 2011

On 2011-05-20 03:44 -0400 Bowerbird at aol.com wrote:

> at any rate, david, if you think format wonks

> add value to the equation, you can tell us how.

> in the meantime, i'll stand by my assessment.

The syntax specification for kramdown is complicated, sure, but trying
to explain the corner cases and how the implementation handles them is
just not that easy.

So, yes, the syntax spec is not aimed at the plain user, but the quick
reference is. It's vastly simplified but provides a quick overview of
the available syntax. And if something doesn't quite work the way a
user expected, he/she can always have a look at the specific section in
the syntax specification, no need to look at the code! And the last
part (no need to look at the code) is one thing that I tried to
avoid with the syntax specification. It can be read by anyone and
doesn't require the knowledge of a certain programming language.

-- Thomas