table spans

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 21:26:58 EDT 2011

The table implementation that ships with Python-Markdown is a clone of
PHP Extra's implementation [1] so no, there is no support for column
spans. As I've stated before on this list, I am in the "tables should
be raw html" camp, so I don't anticipate Python-Markdown getting a
more feature complete tables implementation any time soon.

That said, there are a couple third party extensions [2] which offer
different table implementations. Perhaps one of those will serve your
needs. Or maybe not. I haven't looked at them in awhile.

[1]: http://michelf.com/projects/php-markdown/extra/#table
[2]: http://www.freewisdom.org/projects/python-markdown/Available_Extensions

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 4:58 PM, Alexandre Leray
<newsletters at alexandreleray.com> wrote:

> Oh oh, I thought I was on python-markdown list! I'm using python-markdown :)

> On 06/10/2011 21:31, Waylan Limberg wrote:

>> On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 2:06 PM, Fletcher T. Penney

>> <fletcher at fletcherpenney.net>  wrote:

>>> There is no table implementation in markdown.

>> While Fletcher is technically correct, there are various

>> implementations which do offer a table syntax. Unfortunately, not all

>> of them offer the same syntax, so you'll need to specify which

>> implementation you are using.

----
Waylan Limberg