Markdown and abstracts

Paul Wilson pw6163 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 20:46:12 EDT 2011

Having read a couple of hundred academic papers over the last couple of
years, I would agree that most have single paragraph abstracts, but the
frequency of something more complex has surprised me. Several paragraphs and
unordered lists aren't unheard of.

I'd like to see MMD handle this level of complexity with the same degree of
unflustered competence that seems to be the norm. Denoting an abstract with
a tag saying "Abstract" (with or without a colon) seems reasonable.
Terminating it with 2 or more consecutive blank lines would also seem to fit
the style.

Presumably there's no restriction on the use of LaTex-like MathJax in
abstracts? Assuming that the relevant metadata is defined first of course.

Regards,
Paul Wilson
--
"Software - secure, cheap, quick - choose any two"