pre in lists

Boris Le Ninivin boris.leninivin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 23:10:18 EDT 2012

On 08/17/2012 08:43 PM, Rob McBroom wrote:

> On Aug 17, 2012, at 10:28 AM, Boris Le Ninivin <boris.leninivin at gmail.com> wrote:

>> That works like a charm. It was missing the newline, I guess...

> If only someone had said “there needs to be an empty line before the first line of code”. ;-)

Well, it wasn't emphased enough, I guess... I didn't see you've written
it until you pointed it out in this last mail. Hence the need for clear
and well detailled documentations ;)

But anyway, thank you very much for having given the solution in the
first place. I only wish I wouldn't be that used to stop reading after I
find the (sometimes partial) answer to my question.

And just a note if it can help you to help people : at first, I tried
the solution Waylan gave me (so the one you gave me too then) BEFORE
inserting a newline between the list and the code block. I was writing
an answer saying "sorry, it don't work either..." when I noticed the
newline in his code, and read his explanation. And the reason why I
didn't insert a new line before was : to me a new line would have broke
the list, making two successive ol instead of one. I'm not saying it's a
design problem, but to me it's not that consistent with the rest of the
syntax.

I guess I might have missed the point about indentation to keep text in
the same "block" ;)

Many thanks for everything, guys.