Spaced text (from Digest)

Jakob jakov at gmx.at
Sat Aug 18 11:42:20 EDT 2012

Am 18.08.2012 um 14:36 schrieb Jason Davies <j.p.davies at ucl.ac.uk>:

> On the suggestion for double-spaces, I share the general 'oh no'. I see an explosion of people with iPads etc trying out Markdown in education because formatting sucks on iPads. They struggle with needing new lines (see recent post for an example). In short, they struggle with white-space (invisible) mark-up.

I forgot to add that the actual newline is not frequently needed for markup. One almost everytime should use a paragraph when one wants a newline.

To me the double blank newline is a good solution. If a text editor automatically strips away blanks, then this is a bug or a feature that should be opted in only.