A use of Markdown that caught my eye: Archiving tweets.

Alan Hogan contact at alanhogan.com
Tue Jul 3 15:41:06 EDT 2012

Matthew Panzarino over at The Next Web highlighted a couple interesting recipes that will archive your tweets to Dropbox, optionally saving in Markdown format.

http://thenextweb.com/twitter/2012/07/03/save-an-archive-of-your-tweets-to-dropbox-with-these-sweet-ifttt-recipes/

(Disclaimer: I currently work for IFTTT, which powers those recipes, but I’m sharing only because I thought this was a pretty clever use of Markdown. It’s basically jamming a little bit of markup onto what would otherwise be a plain-text dump.)

Alan Hogan