Definition list as image caption

Jakob jakov at gmx.at
Tue Jun 26 02:32:29 EDT 2012

>> Pandoc also supports a syntax for captioning tables, described here:

>> http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/README.html#tables

Thats great! However, we should differ between what i would call "title" and "caption": I think a table should have a title like "economic growth" and a caption like "in the years 1970--1980, the nationional gross rpoductd rose from blah to blah due to blahblah" (which i think is essentially the part of the <figcaption>). Therefore i would propose to stick to the wikipedia style table captioning "|+ title +|" which is easierly identified as part of the table.

I do like the different table styles pandoc provides! They should feature rowspan and colspan!