Markdown features

Mandaris Moore mandaris.moore at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 11:16:08 EDT 2012

Hello Kohshi,
First off thank you for looking at Markdown.

When it comes to making webpages, I view Markdown as the thing that I put my raw content into. I've read that some sites like MacWorld have their writers submit things written in markdown and then do the conversion later (via a CMS). Some blogging systems like [WordPress][wordpress] or [SquareSpace][] allow you to do it directly as well.

I think the key question is "how do you want you web site to run"? I'm thinking that markdown isn't the exact answer your looking for as far as being dynamic or getting information from other sites or services. Markdown can reference this via a link, but it sounds like you are looking for something outside of the scope of what it is intended for.

[wordpress]: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-markdown/

[SquareSpace]: http://forums.squarespace.com/squarespace-6-forum/post/1894426