Trouble with parentheses in Markdown hyperlinks

Andrew Pennebaker andrew.pennebaker at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 21:21:17 EDT 2012

> Markdown.pl (the original implementation by John Gruber) is basically

> abandonware at this point

I *thought* so! The Markdown home
page<http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/>is so
limited/confusing.

> That said, Markdown the *syntax*, is certainly alive and well in the form

> of multiple descendant projects.

Yes. I'm happy to see Markdown in more places, especially GitHub.
README.txt -> README.md

I would like to see a centralized, *maintained* website for Markdown
documentation. Perhaps we could start a Markdown-powered wiki!

> Not sure what implementation Stack Overflow is actually using, but clearly

> some implementations work just fine in this regard.

Yeah, I'll post on Meta Stack Overflow to request an update of their
Markdown parser.

Back to the discussion on URL parsing...

Which versions of Markdown would it be reasonable to expect most services
to be using by now? Do we have any usage data on the various Markdown
implementations?

--
Cheers,

Andrew Pennebaker