Trouble with parentheses in Markdown hyperlinks

Boris Le Ninivin boris.leninivin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 04:48:22 EDT 2012

On 10/18/2012 03:21 AM, Andrew Pennebaker wrote:

> I would like to see a centralized, /maintained/ website for Markdown

> documentation. Perhaps we could start a Markdown-powered wiki!

Indeed. This could be easily done with a server running nginx and ikiwiki.

On 10/18/2012 03:40 AM, Alan Hogan wrote:

> I do have to warn you, however. While a number of maintainers have

> gone to great lengths to maximize interoperability, there *is* no BDFL

> (benevolent dictator for life) and there *is* no consensus on a number

> if issues, ambiguities, and extensions.

> While most maintainers would *love* a big "multi-dingus" and

> exhaustive wiki, no one has committed to the effort of setting up and

> maintaining those; and not ever implementation maintainer would

> contribute.

> I know you ended up here after noticing a quirk on another website, so

> I don't expect you to be that person, but I think the community

> *would* appreciate such a wiki and/or multi-dingus. Just be warned it

> will not be an easy or quick project!

This has to be a community project, not something made by only one
person. If someone agrees to hosting this, I'd agree to set nginx and
ikiwiki up and running for it.

On 10/18/2012 04:27 AM, Fletcher Penney wrote:

> Don't reinvent the wheel:

> http://babelmark.bobtfish.net/

> F-

And, also, this would be AWESOME on a wiki (better yet, as a link on the
first page).

Any ideas/volunteers ?